Retirement may seem like a long way off but putting money into super now is still a tax effective way to invest your money. That’s because some types of contributions you make, and the investment earnings on those contributions, are taxed at concessional rates.
Not only is super a tax effective way of saving and investing, but you can benefit from the effects of compounding returns.
Common Questions to Consider:
- When should I start contributing?
- Should I salary sacrifice?
- Are there benefits if I contribute for my spouse?
- Are there benefits in consolidating my super funds?
- How can I check whether I have any lost super?
- When should I think about topping up my superannuation?
- Can I take advantage of the Government’s co-contributions?
How We Can Help:
- Review the performance of your current super fund in relation to your goals including how close you are to retirement.
- Make recommendations about your super arrangements, based on your goals and circumstances.
- Recommend alternative fund providers – superannuation products.
- Review any insurance opportunities including buying insurance through your superannuation fund.
Self Managed Super – SMSF
Managing your own super fund (sometimes called ‘DIY’ or self-managed super fund – SMSF), may be suitable if you:
- are financially sophisticated
- have the time to manage your funds to ensure it generates an effective investment return
- are confident about choosing appropriate assets for your investments
- have enough assets to make it financially viable.
For most people, their superannuation or retirement benefit is their second largest asset outside their family home. That makes managing your retirement funds a serious business and it’s not for everyone.
Things to consider:
- If you are considering moving from an employer superannuation fund to DIY, you should be aware that:
- Any life and disability cover you currently have may come to an end. If you wish to continue your insurance cover, personal insurance rates may be more expensive than the rates a large superannuation fund can negotiate and may require medical checks.
- There are extensive rules and regulations that you must comply with, including executing your own trust deed.
How we can help:
- Help you to evaluate whether self-managed super is the best option for you.
- Arrange for the fund to be set up, including the establishment of the Trust Deed, auditing and accounting services.
- Provide you with investment and estate planning advice.
- Arrange for the ongoing administration and compliance of your fund.
Business Superannuation – Corporate Superannuation
Helping your employees prepare for their financial future is vital and superannuation is one of the key benefits you as an employer can offer your employees.
Corporate superannuation can also provide other employee benefits such as insurance cover (often with automatic acceptance) as well as member services and education.
Common questions to consider:
- What is the most appropriate superannuation solution for my employees?
- Is insurance cover provided automatically as part of the plan?
- Can I maintain my company’s identity while still outsourcing superannuation arrangements?
- What is a policy committee and do I need one?
- What is Choice of Fund and how will it affect my employees?
- Can I pay super contributions electronically and is a clearing house facility important?
How we can help:
- Review your current superannuation arrangements.
- Help you establish a corporate superannuation plan that best suits your circumstances.
- Assist with setting up a policy committee and provide ongoing involvement and support.
- Provide advice around insurance arrangements.
- Help you understand and meet your compliance obligations.
- Provide financial planning services to your employees as members of your corporate super plan.
- Provide member education and communications.
We will help You understand:
To find out more:
Let`s start planning your financial future today
You explain your needs, objectives, dreams, and fears. Then we’ll design a personalised strategy and plan for you that explains how we can help you reach your financial goals.
We work together to implement the plan. Then we keep you updated on where you stand and adapt the plan as life happens.
We’re here for you whenever you need. Call us at any time, for any reason. Buying a property? Ask for advice. Been offered a new job? Made redundant? Give us a call. Early retirement? Loved one in need of Aged Care? We`ll help you figure out how to structure the finances and pay for expenses!Get Started Today!